If an Advisor leaves your firm, an Executive will need to reassign the Advisor’s clients to another Advisor before reaching out to our client support team to deactivate the departed advisor.
1. On the Advisor Portal, open the “Clients” page by clicking on the link on the top of the page.
2. There are two icons immediately above the top right corner of the list of households. Click on the further-left icon, which looks like an inverted triangle, to access filters.
3. Under the “Advisors” filter, select the departed advisor, then click anywhere on the screen outside of the list of advisors to apply the selection. The clients list will now only display clients that have been assigned to the departed advisor.
4. Check the boxes next to the client household(s) you would like to assign to other advisors. You can check the box at the top of the column to select the entire list of clients.
5. There are three icons immediately above the top right corner of the list of households. Next, click on the furthest-right icon, which displays three vertical dots, and then click “Manage Advisors.”
6. Check the box next to the advisor(s) you’d like to assign to the selected households, and then click “Assign” to save your selection.
7. Once all of the advisor’s clients have been assigned to other advisors, you can repeat the above steps to unassign all clients from the departed advisor. Simply filter the list to display all clients of the departed advisor, select all clients on the page, and then unassign all clients from the departed advisor.
Once the above steps have been completed, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and our support team will deactivate the departed advisor