After logging in to Flourish and clicking “Manage” next to your Flourish Crypto account, you will see a “Buy/Sell” button in the top right corner of the screen. Clicking that button will allow you to buy or sell crypto; trading is available 24/7, meaning you can buy or sell crypto at any time.
Trading through Flourish Crypto has a few key features:
- All trades are placed in bitcoin (BTC), but our Trade Portal allows you to easily convert US dollar (USD) amounts into the corresponding BTC amounts.
- For example: you could indicate that you want to buy $50,000 worth of bitcoin and our Trade Portal will calculate the corresponding BTC amount for the order, or you could indicate that you wanted to buy exactly 1 BTC.
- Please note: the current estimated prices to buy and sell bitcoin are provided by Paxos, and are only refreshed each time the trading experience page is reloaded. To see updated prices, please use the refresh button in your web browser.
- After you enter your desired trade amount, you will have a chance to preview the order, including any estimated execution fees
- Once you submit the order, your trade is routed to Paxos’ itBit exchange for execution.
- Your trade will execute as long as the price of bitcoin does not move higher than 0.50% for buys and lower than 0.50% for sells relative to the last estimated market price you viewed on the prior screen; otherwise, the order will be rejected and you will have a chance to resubmit your order.
- For example, assume the last estimated market price of bitcoin displayed was $50,000; an order to buy bitcoin should be executed as long as the current market price at the time of execution does not go higher than $50,250. Similarly, if the last displayed estimated price was $50,000, an order to sell bitcoin should be executed as long as the price does not go lower than $49,750. This structure is in place to protect clients in the event of an extremely large price swing in a short period of time. Although bitcoin can be a volatile asset, price swings of this magnitude in the space of a few seconds are extremely rare.