During the account application process, we need to collect certain documentation (via secure upload on our website) to: (i) verify the Organization’s identity and (ii) verify the authority to act on behalf of the Organization of any individual named in the Account Application as an "Authorized Person" (AP). Depending on the Organization's structure, entity type, or state of formation, other documentation may be required or acceptable, so please reach out with any questions. Please make sure that any documents are legible and contain all required signatures or certifications.
1. One (1) document required for the Organization
- Corporation: Articles of Incorporation, Certificate of Incorporation (or similar), with proof of filing with the state.
- LLC or PLLC: Certificate of Formation, Articles of Organization (or similar), with proof of filing with the state.
- General Partnership: Partnership Agreement.
- Limited Partnership: Certificate of Limited Partnership (or similar), with proof of filing with the state.
- Nonprofit Organization: Articles of Incorporation (or similar), with proof of filing with the state.
2. One (1) document required for each Authorized Person (AP)
Please provide the applicable documentation listed below for each AP. If the AP is not named in the documentation specified below, please also provide a Certificate of Incumbency, Resolution, Power of Attorney or similar document granting authority to the AP that is signed by a person named in the required documentation below, in addition to the required documentation below. You can name one or more APs in the application or add additional APs later.
- Corporation: Bylaws of the Organization (or similar), with approval by the Board of Directors, naming the AP as an officer of the Organization.
- LLC or PLLC: Operating Agreement naming the AP as a member, manager or officer.
- General Partnership: Partnership Agreement naming the AP as a partner.
- Limited Partnership: A copy of the Limited Partnership Agreement or Certificate of Limited Partnership naming the AP as the General Partner.
- Nonprofit Organization: Board Resolution, Certificate of Incumbency or similar document granting authority to the AP.
If you are not listed in any of the documents listed above, you can download and complete one of the two sample documents attached at the bottom of this page and have them signed by a person named in the required documentation listed above. One of the documents is written for corporations (including nonprofit corporations), while the other is written for LLC’s and Partnerships.
3. Additional information required
We will also need some information on:
- The Organization, including its Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) or Employer Identification Number (EIN), formation date, and key business information
- Each Authorized Person of the Organization, who must be a U.S. resident with a valid SSN or TIN
- Control Persons, such as the CEO, CFO, and COO, or General Partners
- Ultimate Beneficial Owners, i.e. those individuals who directly or indirectly own >10% or >25% of the Organization’s equity (depending on organization type)
For Authorized Persons, Control Persons, and Ultimate Beneficial Owners, we will need their Social Security Numbers or TINs for identity verification, in addition to other basic pieces of personal information (including date of birth, citizenship, and residential address). Please contact us if any Control Persons or Significant Beneficial Owners are not U.S. or EU residents.