Multi-factor authentication is a security system that requires more than one method of authentication in order to access an online account and is far more secure than simply requiring a username and password. While you should always try to use strong and unique passwords across different websites, Flourish requires the use of multi-factor authentication to provide an additional layer of security when you log in to Flourish. You may need to complete a multi-factor authentication prompt when logging in to your device, or when completing a sensitive action.
You’ll see a multi-factor authentication prompt when logging in if:
- You are logging in to a new device
- You are logging in to a device you’ve logged into before, but you did not select “Remember this device,” which will bypass the multi-factor authentication process for 30 days
- You are logging in to a trusted device, but it’s been over 30 days since you last completed a multi-factor authentication prompt
- You log in with a new browser for the first time
- You clear the cookies on your browser before you log in
- You log in using an “Incognito” or “Private” window
For your protection, you may receive a multi-factor authentication prompt at other times, including but not limited to:
- When placing a transaction
- When editing information about your Flourish Cash profile
- When adding or removing a bank account
- When a long period of time has passed after you completed a multi-factor authentication prompt, even if you’ve remained logged in.