You can edit a pending transfer until the specified deadline, although the amount of time you have to edit the transfer may vary depending on whether it’s a transfer you initiated yourself or if it’s an automatic transfer through SmartBalance.
Most transfers initiated before 3pm EST on a business day will begin to initiate that same business day. As a result, the amount of time you have to edit the transfer will vary depending on when you place the transfer request, ranging from a few minutes to hours or even days (if you made the request on a weekend or holiday). You can see how much time you have left to edit a specific transfer on the “Transfers” page.
Approximately 30 hours before SmartBalance initiates a transfer, we will generally send you an email with the details of the transfer, including the amount of the transfer and which external account the transfer will be to/from. During that 30-hour period, you can edit the details of the transfer, such as changing the amount or cancelling the transfer entirely. You can view the amount of time you have left to edit the transfer on the “Transfers” page.
Editing a Transfer
Regardless of whether a transfer is user-initiated or automatic, you can edit a transfer the same way:
- From the homepage click "Manage" next to the Flourish Cash account containing the transfer you’d like to edit.
- On the top of the screen, click on “Transfers.”
- Under the “Pending Transfers” section, you will see any transfers that have not yet been completed.
- You cannot edit transfers that are listed as “In Progress,” as this means we’ve already begun to communicate the transfer details with the relevant financial institution.
- Editable transfers list the estimated amount of time during which the transfer can be edited, followed by an “Edit” pencil icon.
- Click on the “Edit” pencil icon on the far right to open a window in which you can edit the details of the transfer, or cancel the transfer entirely.
Please note that once the system has begun to initiate a transfer, it can no longer be edited. The Pending Transfers area contains an estimated amount of time remaining during which the transfer can be edited, but this is an estimate only, so we recommend you don’t wait until the deadline to edit a transfer.